Ju-Jitsu Butokukai in London
! Currently this website does not work properly with IExplorer 6, please use IExplorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox to visit.
What is ju-jitsu?Ju-jitsu is the traditional Japanese martial art, which enables self-defence and defence of others against armed or unarmed opponents. It also seeks to improve and maintain good health.
Where and When practice ju-jitsu ?
- Central London club: Sunday 4pm to 6pm
- at Seymour Leisure Centre ; Tube: Edgware Rd, Marylebone Rd, Baker St, Marble Arch
Who and How practice ju-jitsu ?
- Membership open to everybody over 18 - women and men - beginners and advanced
- 3 experienced black-belt teachers
Why train with us?
- Self-Defence: Our method allows for efficient and non-violent self-defence that is also realistic.
- Health: Our martial art is designed to sustain and improve health: our warm-ups and techniques draw on yoga and qi gong and we avoid any technique that harms the physical integrity of others (or ourselves!).
- Ethic: Budo ethic, which holds that harmful techniques must not be used when they are not necessary to stop the attack.
- Community: The teachers are volunteers (the federation is applying for charity status) and we always look to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
- Tradition: Ju-jitsu Butokukai comes directly from the pre-war Dai Nihon Butokukai (Japanese martial art academy) which codified ju-jitsu until 1945 with the aim of forming the most efficient Japanese martial art.